Friday, July 27, 2007

pessimisim Vs. optimism

We tend to believe that positive events are more likely to happen to ourselves and usually don't believe that negative events are likely to happen to us.

Before one

year a report said that the probability to be killed in Iraq has raised 50 folds...but inspite of that we believe that harm will not reach us...it may reach others...but not us...

In sociology this is called unrealistic optimism.

We believe that we are at lower risk than others and that others' actions are more risky than ours.

when I think about that I get depressed, cause am living in Iraq, and I don't want to be trapped by that social misperception of unrealistic optimism.... does that means I must be a realistic pessimist?...

Pessimism can help me to be away from dangers....but...if i can do nothing about that...it will only bring me good deal of depression...

Optimism is unreal but it helps to keep us healthy...

I remembered the Swiss story of William Tell and the apple above his son's head...and how he succeed in hiting the apple and not his son's head..

If there is an apple above my head...

I will not wait for someone to shoot...I will take it in my hands and bite it....

yeah...life is delicious...just take your bite..

1 comment:

3eeraqimedic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.