Saturday, November 10, 2007

free association (part ??)

well.....today I took a real long nap....2 hours.....i woke up at 4 pm.....but never wanted to get up...hearing the voices of my coleagues outside arguing....made me sure that i want to stay in darkness in bed .....i checked my memory whether i locked the door of my room by keys...and I was sure I did....so I decided I stay in bed.....I took my mobile phone...no call...no message as usual...so i opened the new game of car racing....and start a race....the 5 or 6th trial i succeed to be the winner....I took my body off the bed...realized that I got a headache......I took of my pijama....only in my underwear i looked at my body in the mirror...it is still only mine....I thought....but I got a belly...with little hair on it....anyway...I took the old winter shirty i got since 2 years before...and my trousers....i took my summer showes without stoking...looked at my eye in near....they were sharp and red.....I loke them like this....my hair do not need to be coombed...let me be a kind of a beatles man....i went with my slow steps outside my room...simple hellos to colleague then up to the 3rd floor...the psychiatry ward I love....we got 4 patients....one lady in 45 was really depresseed to a degree that she got psychomotor agitation...she never sit down...she keep walking around with her shuffling gait...(i checked if she got parkinsonism but she doesn't got that)....her face is really feeling bitter....and i decided to give her a smile....
I took her to the room of interveiw.....this is our second interview....after I asked her whether she got an idea about the cause of her low mood....and after she seems not having any idea about that....she told me it is something without a cause....it is a cause by it self to other things....then she remembered me of her familly history......that woamn is biologically oriented...she is clever....I challenged my self that I make her smile...I wanted to see her face witha smile....so i asked about her marriage...it is a second marriage...to a man younger than her by 10 years....(she seems to know how to paly it right)....when I continue about asking about her marriage and her relation to her husband..there was a shaddow of a smile in her face....I cannot remember what I said really...nor what she said exactly....but finally she smiled.....it was a very nice face...a very nice smile....her eyes smiled....and I think I knew why that man younger than her by 10 years married her....
Hopw she get better soon...

1 comment:

A&Eiraqi said...

Dear Dr.
Is this the daily life you're living.
You remind me of my friends back home.
They used to live in Dar el-Attiba'a, wake up, run to the ward in rush, having a breakfast after finishing the ward round(most of the times it finishes before they went back).
Going back to the ward and so on.
I really miss that life; it has been a long time away.

All the best with your patients.
Regards