Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sun's halo over Erbil citadel

I walk in the Erbil's citadel and raise up my head to see the sun. There was a halo around it. I don't understand what that halo is. 
 I remember my neighbor the engineer who told me once that when he was working in a mountain in Kurdistan and developed a sun burn the back of his neck and in his ear lobes. When I asked him for an explanation for what happened he said that he was working in a mountain, so he was nearer to the sun. That was the first, and only, time that I heard of such a thing. Being nearer to the sun.

I am now in the hotel writing this post and hearing "Magnificent" by U2. The video clip is somewhere in place looking like Morocco. I am trying to understand the lyrics without looking them in the Google. The chorus says something like: "only love can leave such a mark. only love can leave such a star." It goes well with the halo of the sun above Erbil citadel.

I see the green grass and feels fine. It feels fine. 


2 comments:

tracy said...


Thank you for a lovely post, my friend.

saminkie said...

Thank you Tracy for the comment. You are so kind my friend. Keep on touch.