Friday, May 23, 2008

Free Associtaion (part 23)


Terri rum tirum....tum tirum....terri rum rum...tum tirum...am walking away...from the troubles in my life.....am walking away...to find a better day....

This how Craig David starts. Am hearing it now. It was sent to me by a friend who has just reached the USA from Iraq. And the lyrics goes well with his situation. He suffered alot. He is a genius doctor. Hope he will find his better day there. Since I recieved this song and am hearing it repeated for hours till now. It took me away. How music can affect us so deeply? I think it was AL KINDIE who used music to treat patients before centuries here in Baghdad. I use music to treat my own crisis. I use it as type of crisis intervention. Does this mean that am in crisis now? No, am just in stress. In tension. I took a break from my work. A long one. And am already missing my job. Working seems to let me forget my problems. Is it right to forget our problems? Well...I don't know...Someone has just knocked my door. He is the same guy of yesterday. I never saw him. He says that he gave my father some money and he wants them back. My father don't remember this. Neighbors told me that this man made some problems before. Am affraid of him. As if all my problems were not enough to make this guy comes and disturbs me.After hearing this song many times it seems that I don't know what to do. Ok...I will go to one of my neighbours and pay this guy a visit. I wanna talk frankly to him. Ok let us do it....take care...

2 comments:

tracy said...

Hi Sami,

Music is a v e r y emotional thing for me too. Wish i were in that garden with you. We could talk of music and so many things. And of course, drink tea! Thank you for the picture. : )

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Tracy thank you for your nice words...Am also want to be near you in a nice arden drinking tea and talking about music...sorry for being late to answer your nice comment....thank you dear...