Monday, April 14, 2008

Final examination in Psychiatry

Iraqi Board for Medical Specializations
Scientific Council of Psychiatry
Part 2
November 2007
Essay paper
Time 3 hours
Answer five questions only

Q1: a 35 year married lady with history of bipolar disorder, in her last visit to your clinic expressed a desire of pregnancy.
- how would you evaluate her for the sake of pregnancy?
- If you decide to advocate pregnancy, what actions should be taken before she becomes pregnant?
- How would you manage her if she relapses during pregnancy?
Q2: Discuss your management of a 60 year old woman presented with progressive deterioration in cognitive function?

Q3: discuss how malingering, factitious, and somatoform disorders can be differentiated? Describe the approach to a patient presented with unexplained medical syndrome?

Q4: as a psychiatrist how would you evaluate the phenomenon of violence in the country?

Q5: discuss the role of drug treatment in child psychiatry.

Q6: describe the services required for patients with learning disability. As a psychiatrist explain your role in the management of those patients and in the planning and organization of the services.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I am an iraqi Psychiatrist working and living in UK.
I will be visiting Iraq very soon.
It would be nice if I could meet you.
My e mail mohdgum@hotmail.com

regards

Mohammed

saminkie said...

Thank you Sir, I will email you

Anonymous said...

Which ones did you answer?

Anonymous said...

Dear mysadalterego am not on my final year yet. But if i was on that exam i would leave the question on violence in iraq cause i found it hard to answer. Thank you for your enterest..Sami

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Sami,
i was wondering if Facticous (sp?) disorder has to involve actual illness or something such as self-injury as one way to differentiate it from the others? Also, the patient actually wants help, as well as the "attention"...is any of this right? This is kind of the way it was explained to me by a 4th year psychiatric resident. Good to see you! (you know who i am, i think!)
much love and well wishes

Anonymous said...

Well dear, to frank with you, I still didn't pay enough attention to Facticous disorder. And why the call it a DISORDER. I think I read once that it is not a diagnosis, not a psychiatric diagnosis, but am not sure of what my memory is telling me now. thank you for stimulating me to read about it. in few days i will try to post using your question as a title. It was a very nice question from you. A very clever one. Regarding knowing you, am not sure about it am sorry, but am sure that I like your comments. Thank you again. Sami.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dr. Sami...actually, Facticious Disorder is in the DSM IV...that's how i found out about about it...tea today...? Shall be thinking of you while i have mine at work. My best to you always, Blessings

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, yes, I was wrong when I told you that FACTICIUOS DISORDER is sometimes regarded as not a disorder. I was totally wrong. Actually I was talking of malingering. Facticious disorder is a disorder in the DSM IV and yesterday while I took a walk at night (the time where my mood is always at its best) with one of my dear seniors from Mosul which I miss too much, he told me about facticious disorder. Am still not informed well, not gathering my thoughts well, to write a post. Today, I was in a lecture about Facticious disorder. i will read about it. I never saw a patient of facticious disorder that is why i didn't pay much attention to it. In history of psychiatry there was a syndrome called Munchausen syndrome, and am more familiar with that. It seems that i should have been living in the 19th century. Regarding Tea, it reminds me of someone who is very dear to me. thank you for provoking me to learn about facticious disorder. Thank you for your care. Sami.