Thursday, January 03, 2013

Diary of an Iraqi Cosmopolitan Citizen


"As Syria descends deeper into chaos, knives are being sharpened and battle lines being drawn in Iraq." says an article last December in Foreign Policy.

That was an enough dose of "foreign" policy to me so I switched the internet navigation to more "internal" affairs of this big world and the best story that appealed to me was Depardieu's. The french actor Gerard Depardieu, says an article, was granted the Russian nationality and passport. Depardieu wanted to get rid of the high taxes for the high salaries in France. As an Iraqi, living in Baghdad, I understand him!


They say that chronic stress can cause, among other things, numbness of emotions. I am avoiding news about Iraq and Syria and the areas around.

In found an article about the return of Genevieve, a french 16 years old adolescent, to her mother after one month of escaping.  BB wrote a letter to the president of France to help saving two elephants in danger. Every time they mention the president of France I remember that they said he rides bicycle to his place of working.


I felt that the news were so silly.

I turned the T.V. one and a movie started in TV5 Maghrib-Orient and it was named: "Papy fait de la resistance." Its start was interesting since it talks about the Nazi's invasion of France in the 40s but it started to turn into a very silly comedy. The brother of Hitler came to live in the house of the French opera singer "La Bourdelle" who had sang for us the silliest harmonies.


 Hitler's brother suddenly started singing "Je n'ai pas change" of Julio Iglisias and I said THAT THAT'S ENOUGH for today.

It was such an important day for me, the poor Iraqi.

1 comment:

Caesar of Pentra said...

Hitler's brother suddenly started singing "Je n'ai pas change" of Julio Iglisias and I said THAT THAT'S ENOUGH for today.

I couldn't stop laughing. I imagined how funny that would be.